Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I think I just might be crazy...

Tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 31. And what do I decide to give myself? A shot at the gold medal in the B-Fit Bday Challenge! (Thanks, Steve in a Speedo for putting this crazy idea into my head). What is this challenge you say? Here are the "rules":

Take your age and in any order:
1) Swim the number of miles in the first number
2) Run the number of miles in the second number,and
3) Bike the number of miles in the combined number.

So, for me, turning 31 would mean:
1) Swim 3 miles (HOLY CRAP!)
2) Run 1 mile (cake)
3) Bike 31 miles (somewhere between cake and holy crap)

Of course you know there has to be some kind of award for doing this. So, by accepting this challenge I must:

Bronze: Do all three (swim/bike/run) during the week of your Birthday.
Silver: Do all three (swim/bike/run) in the three days before, after, or on your B-Day. OR
Gold: Do all three (swim/bike/run) in 24-hours to celebrate your B-Day!

At first this seemed pretty daunting...but then I did a 36 mile bike ride tonight and that knocked out over half of the challenge already. Greyt can attest that I did this ride. And pretty hard at that! The swim scares the hell out of me, I will admit it. But I can do it. It might take me forever, and I will most certainly have to break it up into a couple different sessions in the pool, but I can do it. And the run...well, I can do that in my sleep practically. So....I've made my decision...I'm going for the gold!! I have less than 24 hours to get this mammoth swim and itty bitty run done. Check in tomorrow for the update!! Wish me luck! (I need it)

2 comments:

LittleRachet said...

I will attest that the ride was completed. We hauled on that ride and attacked those hills!

Good luck on the B-Fit Bday Challenge! Get it all done and I'll buy you a martini at your celebration dinner tonight!!

Anonymous said...

NICE going, Kristen!! WOO HOO! And, I am SO glad you are blogging again after a little break! Happy Birthday! Jen H. :)