Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Only Been 22 Days This Time!

Funny how you go three months without blogging then all of a sudden you have so much stuff you don’t know which to write about! So, here’s just a list of things mulling around in my head right now about The Race, my training, and other random things.

  1. The swim start of the Galveston race looks to be a deep water start. *panic* Thank god for wetsuits. I hope it’s true you really can’t drown in a wetsuit. It is true, isn’t it???
  2. Salt water. Is it going to get into my goggles and burn my eyes? What if I get my goggles kicked off or they break? What if I take in too much water on the swim and I end up having other issues during the race as a result???
  3. My swimming…*sigh*…Coach Mike took some video last night of my technique. Underwater and above water. I’ve got A LOT of work to do. No wonder I have problems with my right shoulder. And just when I thought I was doing well….
  4. I need to get my bike in next week for a tune up. And probably a new back tire…it looks pretty worn from the trainer this winter.
  5. Is it EVER GOING TO STOP SNOWING???? I just want it to stop, warm up enough to melt the ice and snow so I can take my bike out and get some real road time in. I do not want my first outdoor ride to be in Texas on race weekend.
  6. I really don’t like oatmeal. I thought I’d give it another shot, see if I could stomach it. I’ve had a hard time finding something I can eat pre-race. So far, I’ve only been able to do a banana and a Quaker Oats granola bar (chocolate chip). That’s been enough fuel for my sprint races, but this is a wee bit longer than that. Maybe if I put nuts in the oatmeal, gave it some crunch. Hmmm.
  7. Race Report: Red Flannel run (5 mi) went pretty well. It was cold, but I put on enough gear that it wasn’t too bad (don’t worry I still complained to anyone within earshot that it was COLD). I was stoked to see my TRI running pal, Vick, at the start. We run well together, so I knew she’d help keep me on a good pace. I finished under my goal time by 30 seconds and clocked a sub-8:00 min/mile pace. Not blazing, by any means, but a PR none the less. I’ll take it.
  8. I think I’m obsessed with swim caps. I see a cool one at the sports store, I have to buy it. Pink with skulls, white with retro blue flower print…I just can’t stop myself. I’m weak.
  9. Did I mention that I want it to stop snowing? It’s coming down AGAIN. I’m so over it.
  10. I haven’t seen my nephew in a couple of weeks and my trip to Chi-town this week got nixed. He’ll be one month old tomorrow. It sucks being 5 ½ hours away from him. But at least they will be here for Easter. Hi, Gabe! Auntie misses you!! (yes, my one month old nephew reads my blog. He's a genius baby, it runs in the family)
  11. This blog entry is getting long…I’ve probably lost my two readers already. Maybe I should learn how to insert pictures to keep it interesting. Hmmm, that would entail actually taking some pictures to post….

    Ok, I’m done for the day. Thanks for reading!!! Till next time!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Gabe is just so FREAKING adorable!! So since you're not going to Chicago this weekend are you going to come to the ride Saturday morning? I'm coming in tomorrow night...