Friday, March 28, 2008

Armadillo Hunting

FINALLY! 19 hours later, we are here. We had a brief stayover just south of Dallas, but have pretty much been driving the entire time. It's been a really fun road trip. Greyt tells the story in her latest blog. Check it out.

We got to swim some in the bay today. The water was C-H-I-L-L-Y. But not as bad as I had expected. 67 degrees is by no means warm water, but it felt good given we were wearing wetsuits. I felt OK in the water. A little panicky at first because I haven't been in open water yet this season, but I settled in and did about a 500 yard swim or so. Maybe a little less. I would like to get in tomorrow again if I can, but if not I think I'll still be ok. Just gotta keep swimming.

Ok so the one thing I have to see before I leave Texas is an Armadillo. Yes, a true LIVE armadilla (quesadilla). Greyt claims there was a dead one on the road in Oklahoma, but I don't believe her. Everything down here has an armadillo mascot. Billboard after billboard, armadillo this armadillo that. Even our race logo features an armadillo. If these darn things are popular enough down here to be the only thing Texans want to use as a mascot, then where the heck are they hiding?? Shouldn't they be running around the streets like stray cats and dogs???

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I saw one in Texas once! They're weird.