Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time flies....

....when you are having fun, right? Then these past few months have been one big party for me because Galveston is all of a sudden right around the corner. 10 days. Wow. Part of me wants to panic. That's what I do before a race, I panic. About the swim, about not being prepared for the swim, about not finishing the swim, about possibly drowning. Yeah, can you tell what part of triathlons are the most challenging for me?

But not this time. I'm not panicky. I think I'm actually kind of excited. I KNOW I can do this swim. I am comfortable with the distance, I've done it several times in practice (and in pretty good time for me!). I am comfortable that I will not drown (thanks to the fact that this race is wetsuit legal!). For the first time, I am ready for the swim. Completely ready.

Bring it on, Galveston. Bring. It. On.