Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back in the saddle

Not everything is 100% back to normal after my little episode the past 11 days, but I'm slowly regaining strength and energy. I'm afraid of taking too much time to recover, I don't want it to affect my training for Galveston. So, I'm back at it, plugging away at my workouts again.

Monday was tri training class at the Y, so I got in a good swim workout. Still having a little trouble with my nagging right shoulder soreness, but I'm definitely getting further in my swims than I have been. Tuesday night was a HR controlled run. I felt pretty good during the run, but not really great yet. Then last night was an interval bike workout. I had high hopes for this bike workout. See, before I managed to get sick, my coach and I worked for what seemed like HOURS on my saddle position in hopes that it would alleviate some, uh, issues I was having when I would ride. Yeah, well, it really didn't. This saddle thing is driving me crazy. I just cannot seem to get it into a "comfortable" position. Maybe I'm just a big baby. That could be true. Perhaps every cycle chick has these same issues, they just don't complain about them as much as I do. It's going to be a long 56 miles come March if I don't find a solution or develop some kind of tolerance. If anyone is out there actually reading this and has any advice, shoot it my way!

Boy do I sound like a big ole pile of whiney poo or what???

No comments: