Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Full Steam Ahead

I'm finally back to being healthy again, and my training is going well. My runs have felt pretty good, staying pretty consistently at about 4 miles each workout right now. I'm going to talk to my coach to see about bumping that up soon. I know he's been careful to not overload me since I haven't been 100%, but hopefully now we can start to kick things up again. I'm doing a 5K this weekend and I'm really excited to see what kind of pace I put up. I'm trying not to have too many expectations, just want to go run and see what happens.

Biking is going very well. I seem to be picking up speed with each endurance ride I do. I'm still having saddle issues, but I think that is just the way it's going to be for me. I'm enjoying the long rides, but really need to find some different routes to ride. The same trail is getting pretty boring.

Swimming. *sigh*. My Greyt friend keeps telling me to focus on how much improvement I've made since last February and not get disappointed in myself. But it's really really hard. As she announced last night in the locker room after tri training class, I am a perfectionist. I admit it. I know I have issues with that. But it just drives me insane to be one of the slowest swimmers in class. Now that I'm not having the same pain in my shoulder, maybe my coach will start incorporating some speed drills into my workouts. I'm ready to start seeing an improvement in my speed...now that I know I won't drown.

Alright, I suppose I should get back to work. I'll try to be better about posting more often. Just been a lot going on the last couple of weeks. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Becca said...

It's frustrating when you aren't seeing immediate results but keep with it and before too long you'll be kicking Chelle's butt!!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Sorry I missed you all on Sunday! I showed up fashionably late (like at 9:30 :-)).