Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hey All!

Just a quick message this morning as I'm wasting time before heading to the hospital for my surgery. Yes I said MY and SURGERY together. Long story, but the gist of it is that I had a little accident at the gym on Tuesday that resulted in a "transverse displaced fracture" in my second metacarpal bone on my right hand. In English that means the bone in my hand that runs from my knuckle of my index finger to my wrist is snapped in half, with neither edges of the bone still touching. No small hairline fracture for me, oh no, when I do it, I do it BIG. So today I'm heading to surgery to have two pins put in to hold the bones together while they heal. I'll have those taken out in four weeks then hopefully back to swimming, riding outside, and racing. Sounds like I can still run and ride my trainer, so I plan to do that as much as possible to maintain some fitness anyway.

I will drop in tomorrow with an update on the surgery. Cheers!!!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Holy crapola! I'm so glad to see an update from you, but this isn't the kind that I thought I would see. You poor thing! When you get a chance, you'll have to write about exactly 'what' happend at the gym to have caused this. Bench pressing your weight again?? That CrossFit stuff is brutal!!! Seriously, take good care of yourself and heal up quickly! HUGS to you!!! :o)

Molly said...

Oh no!! Feel better soon - good luck with the surgery.

Melissa said...

Geeeezzzeeeee. I can't believe what happened! I hope surgery went well and you are on the mend. Good luck!